AM Worship Service
Overview of Christ’s preaching on the Kingdom of Heaven in Matthew.
Christ preaches five significant sermons:
- Character of the Kingdom (5-7)
- Divisiveness of the Kingdom (10)
- Pictures of the Kingdom (13)
- Ethics of the Kingdom (18)
- Culmination and Rewards of the Kingdom (24-25)
The kingdom of heaven is not identical to the church, but the church is preparatory for the eschatological realization of the Kingdom.
Salvation is the means of entering the Kingdom (Matthew 19:23-26)
Salvation comes by hearing the word of the Kingdom and that seed producing fruit in the soft soil of a heart turned to God (Matthew 13:18-23)
Afternoon Praise Service
Call to give thanks: Psalm 118
Thanksgiving Devotional: Colossians 3:12-17 – Reminder to give thanks for the local church body that God is establishing for His glory and the many ways that He is answering prayer and building this local assembly.
Themes of Singspiration:
- For our position because of the cross
- When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
- And Can it Be
- Your Beauty Fills Our Eyes
- For the progress of Christian living
- My Jesus I Love Thee
- Lord, Let Me Serve
- For the Sake of His Name
- For the permanence of giving thanks in eternity
- I Shall Know Him
- When We All Get to Heaven
- O Worship the King
- To God Be the Glory
We also were encouraged in the Word from the reading of Psalm 103 and Psalm 117.