The points below are from the Wednesday devotional given by Jake Swanson on May 7, 2014.
1. Prayer is to God – 12:5
Reminds us that we are dependent on God!
2. The church prays – 10:2
Prayer expresses a relationship with God or a desire for a relationship with God.
3. Often prayer is for other people – 7:60; 12:5
Prayer for deliverance, prayer for mercy.
4. Prayer for personal desires – 4:29
Praying for the ability to be effective witnesses for Christ.
5. Praying in unity – 1:14; 2:42; 4:24; 16:25; 20:36; 21:5
Believers gather together for prayer and pray when they are gathered together.
6. Praying is something that believers are devoted to – 1:14
An area of constant challenge. Turn off the stuff and turn your heart to God.
7. There are degrees of prayer – 12:5
Sometimes, you prayer with earnest intensity. Sometimes you do not. The NT points out the earnest prayer, but emphasizes the consistent prayer life.